This is a hobby website dedicated to the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. I make no claim concerning the accuracy of the procedures, nor do I guarantee the success of any work done using them. All users of the material found here are advised that there is no real or implied warranty associated in any way with the website content, and that all content available here is for use at your own risk.
Copyright © 2001 Mark's KLR Pages
All Rights Reserved
No copying or other redistribution by any method will be permitted without my express written permission.
RAIN T-MOD / CARB VENTING
Required for installation:
8 and 10mm socket
Philips head screwdrivers
A complete kit for this is available from Arrowhead Motorsports
“Left” and “right” are described from the saddle position of the motorcycle.
CAUTION: Failure to follow installations can result in damage to motorcycle or accessories.
WARNING: Failure to follow installations could result in injury or death to operator and/or passenger or others.
1. Place motorcycle on solid, level ground on centerstand if so equipped.
2. Remove the right and left side covers, seat, gas tank and vent lines, “mark the vent line for reassembly.”
3. On the top left side of the carburetor you will find the carburetor vent line, it’s next to the choke cable. See image below:
4. Slide the vent line off the connector and make a cut about 1 ½" from the end.
5. Push that 1 ½" end onto the end of the T fitting, and the remaining vent line onto the T fitting end so it is pointing down.
6. Run the new vent line up under the gas tank mount off to the left side on the frame and along the top of the air box. See image below:
7. Replace the right and left side covers, seat, gas tank and vent lines.